Call for Presentations
The CPPC is inviting proposals for Education Sessions at our 2024 Forum. As a presenter, you will have the opportunity to speak in front of an estimated audience of 200 public procurement professionals. Under the theme of Transformation: Adapting to the Environment and Current Economic Challenges this event will be a great opportunity to showcase your successes but also to share best practices related to public procurement. Your contribution to help advance our profession will be greatly appreciated by our participants.
Forum 2024 is unique in serving the broad public procurement sector, which is represented at all levels in all regions of Canada: federal, provincial/territorial, municipal, healthcare, education, NGOs and Crown corporations.
The CPPC attracts delegates and speakers from across the country. This annual conference is an event where decision makers in public procurement come to network, share leading practices and find collaborative partners to support the profession in moving it forward.
- Great exposure opportunity for you and your organization as professional leaders;
- Contribute to elevate the knowledge base of the public procurement profession;
- Excellent networking opportunity with other experts and colleagues;
- Build relationships with the Canadian Public Procurement Council, the leading voice for professionals involved in public procurement in Canada.
- Each session is approximately 60 to 90 minutes with a 10 minute period for questions and discussion;
- Sessions should be interactive in the format of workshop, panel discussions or lecture;
- Sessions should also include hands-on exercises and tools that participants could easily take back to their workplace for immediate use and implementation.
We are looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers to come forward and share the knowledge they have gathered in the public or private sector related to the following topics:
- Green Procurement and sustainability;
- Social Procurement;
- Accessibility, diversity and Indigenous Procurement;
- Innovation in our Procurement practices;
- Adapting Procurement practices to climate changes and obligations;
- Challenges and solutions related to evolving markets;
- Attractiveness/retention not only of resources but also suppliers;
- Agility in your organizational processes and flexibility in your day-to-day activities;
- Influencing legislators to facilitate strategic procurement in the new reality;
- Emergency preparedness ensuring business continuity;
- Vendor performance/relationship management;
- Supply chain challenges in the new global reality;
- Lean management initiatives;
- Strategic Procurement.
How to apply?
Please email your proposal to [email protected] by Friday November 24, 2023. All proposals should include:
- A creative, concise but descriptive session title;
- A session overview (50-75 words maximum) which will briefly describe the content and most importantly how it links to our Forum theme and session objectives;
- Intended format of the session and how you intend to make it interactive;
- Learning outcomes and takeaways for the participants (please list 2-3 items in bullet form).
As a not-for-profit association, the CPPC does not provide honoraria for session presenters at our Forum. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel and other expenses. A complimentary one-day registration for the day on which the presentation is scheduled is provided.
Selections will be made by the Program Development Committee based on a number of criteria, including topics and benefits to delegates.
To improve the overall attendee experience and to follow emerging technology trends in event management, the CPPC decided to invest in a mobile application for Forum. Over the past two years we have tackled the learning curve and validated real benefits of this investment. Now, with a growing number of users and the improved ability to communicate with Forum participants, we will offer the experience again this year at Forum 2024.
The app will accommodate all the resources and information needed for attendees to take full advantage of their experience at Forum 2024 in Montreal. The app offers an up-to-the-minute communication platform for all users and can supplement and enhance the content of Forum 2024 sessions by including easy access to presentation materials. This means you won’t need to bring paper copies, you can follow along using this app.
During Forum 2024, the app will have all the information on sessions, attendees, speakers, sponsors, social events, etc. It will also allow users to have access to different maps from all of Montreal points of interest to the Forum event location – the Doubletree by Hilton.
Users will receive alerts in the app during the event so no one will miss any of the action throughout Forum. In addition, evaluation surveys will be available through the app allowing users to provide immediate feedback on our sessions and on Forum in general, which is great for us to use in our efforts to continuously improve year after year. Finally, a gamification feature will allow people to live a more interactive experience and the chance to maybe win something!
Stay tuned to download our Forum mobile application before the event !!
We are looking forward to seeing you in Montreal next April !