Want to have a sneak peek of Toronto? Click here!
Why Attend CPPC Forum?
You would like to attend our Forum this year in Toronto to live an amazing experience but you don’t know how to convince your supervisor that this event is worth it ? Download our Why Attend CPPC Forum document and show it to your supervisor so he can see what you can get and why you have to participate at the 21st edition of our Forum.
Registration will open in the next weeks. Stay tuned!
Hotel Registration Policy
Staying at the host hotel helps the CPPC meet its contractual obligations, therefore keep registration fees down. Take advantage of the convenience, camaraderie and savings by staying at the Hyatt Regency Toronto where the event will be held. Attendees choosing alternate accommodations from the host hotel will be assessed a $150 surcharge on their registration fee. In your registration process you will be asked to provide your hotel reservation confirmation number so please make sure you complete your hotel reservation first. You can directly access our hotel reservation page by clicking here.
Local attendees: If you plan to commute daily and live within a 100 kilometer radius of the host hotel, please include as part of your registration the commute mileage (one way) when registering and you will not be assessed of a 150$ surcharge.
Room Sharing: Attendees sharing a room at the host hotel must provide a confirmation number and list all names on reservation for verification and you will not be assessed of a 150$ surcharge
The CPPC encourages companies who do business with governments at all levels to take this opportunity to meet public procurement officials outside of the confines of a contract negotiation.
Marketing opportunities in the form of exhibit booth space and sponsorships are available for the three-day conference. For more information, click here to download our sponsorship brochure.
Our program for “Transitioning to Strategic Procurement” is under development. Details will follow.
Call for Presentations
The CPPC is inviting proposals for Education Sessions at our 2019 Forum. As a presenter, you will have the opportunity to speak in front of an estimated audience of 150 public procurement professionals. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your successes but also to share best practices related to public procurement. Your contribution to help advance our profession will be greatly appreciated by our participants.
Forum 2019 is unique in serving the broad public procurement sector, which is represented at all levels in all regions of Canada: federal, provincial/territorial, municipal, healthcare, education, NGOs and Crown corporations.
The CPPC attracts delegates and speakers from across the country. This annual conference is an event where decision makers in public procurement come to network, share leading practices and find collaborative partners to support the profession in moving it forward.
- Great exposure opportunity for you and your organization as professional leaders;
- Contribute to elevate the knowledge base of the public procurement profession;
- Excellent networking opportunity with other experts and colleagues;
- Build relationships with the Canadian Public Procurement Council, the leading voice for professionals involved in public procurement in Canada.
- Each session is approximately 60 minutes with a 10 minute period for questions and discussion;
- Sessions should be interactive in the format of workshop, panel discussions or lecture;
- Sessions should also include hands-on exercises and tools that participants could easily take back to their workplace for immediate use and implementation.
We are looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers to come forward and share the knowledge they have gathered in the public or private sector related to the following topics:
- Identify best practices that will help public procurement professionals show value and improve customer satisfaction;
- Success stories related to innovation and the outcome of your initiatives;
- Use and implementation of new technologies and electronic tools to aid in the procurement process;
- Introduction of performance measurement;
- Collaborative innovation;
- Lean management initiatives;
- Strategic Procurement.
How to apply
Please email your proposal to email@example.com by March 29, 2019. All proposals should include:
- A creative, concise but descriptive session title;
- A session overview (50-75 words maximum) which will briefly describe the content and most importantly how it links to our Forum theme and session objectives;
- Intended format of the session and how you intend to make it interactive;
- Learning outcomes and takeaways for the participants (please list 2-3 items in bullet form).
As a not-for-profit association, the CPPC does not provide honoraria for session presenters at our Forum. Presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel and other expenses. A complimentary one-day registration for the day on which the presentation is scheduled is provided.
Selections will be made by the Program Development Committee based on a number of criteria, including topics and benefits to delegates.
To improve the overall attendee experience and to follow emerging technology trends in event management, the CPPC decided to invest in a mobile application for Forum. Over the past two years we have tackled the learning curve and validated real benefits of this investment. Now, with a growing number of users and the improved ability to communicate with Forum participants, we will offer the experience again this year at Forum 2019.
The app will accommodate all the resources and information needed for attendees to take full advantage of their experience at Forum 2019 in Toronto. The app offers an up-to-the-minute communication platform for all users and can supplement and enhance the content of Forum 2019 sessions by including easy access to presentation materials. This means you won’t need to bring paper copies, you can follow along using this app.
During Forum 2019, the app will have all the information on sessions, attendees, speakers, sponsors, social events, etc. It will also allow users to have access to different maps from all of Toronto points of interest to the Forum event location – the Hyatt Regency Toronto.
Users will receive alerts in the app during the event so no one will miss any of the action throughout Forum. In addition, evaluation surveys will be available through the app allowing users to provide immediate feedback on our sessions and on Forum in general, which is great for us to use in our efforts to continuously improve year after year. Finally, a gamification feature will allow people to live a more interactive experience and the chance to maybe win something!
Stay tuned to download our Forum mobile application before the event !!
We are looking forward to seeing you in Toronto in November 2019!